Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Book A Day Challenge...Book #8

Today's book...Hey You C'mere a Poetry Slam (by Elizabeth Swados)

Hey You! C'mere

What a great collection of poetry that kids can relate to! Poems in this collection cover everything from emotions, to silly names. I think my favorite poem may be the intro...where we are told that poems are everywhere skateboards, shoes, sky...

I'm hoping to carve out a little time for "a poem a day", I'm happy to have added Hey You C'mere to my collection!

This book will be used to introduce my class to poetry and invite them to think about the world around them...the things they see poetry in. Students will then create a poem and art project to go with it. I would love to incorporate digital word art into this project!!

Read a poem today!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment